Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Book review-Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

This is one of the best urban fantasy/horror books that I've read. Cat is a half human, half vampire, who goes out to kill as many vampires as she can in revenge for a vampire raping Cat's mother and leaving her pregnant and in trauma. She hopes someday to find her father and destroy him. On her latest adventure she is captured by suave, wisecracking Bones, a vampire who kills his own kind for money. Cat is forced to work with him and together they start to hunt down vampires who have been using human women as an on-demand takeaway buffet. As the body count rises, so does the danger that Cat faces, and her mixed feelings for Bones become very confusing.
   GREAT book! You can relate to Cat as a female lead-she's feisty and tough when fighting but she is still the devoted daughter trying to make her mother proud and struggling to make any friends at college. Bones is a great character-he's funny and sexy and you would just LOVE to get a chance to meet him! He reminds me so much of Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I loved the humour through the book, the plot keeps you interested and the story moves along at pace with good action scenes. I really enjoyed Timmy's appearances especially when he meets Cat's mother. Very funny! I'm looking forward to book two!

No comments:

Post a Comment