Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 29 April 2010

Book Review-Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

I got this as a book-ring book at bookcrossing.com. Now I must admit that I hate the so-called classics and Jane Austen books bore me so I wasn't too sure about this one. I must admit to actually enjoying this book and it was much better than I expected it to be. There is the normal story of 'Pride and Prejudice' with Mrs Bennett obsessing about finding husbands for her 5 daughters, but in this book her daughters are also highly trained in martial arts to keep the county safe from the plague of zombies rampaging across Britain! Parties and walks are interrupted by zombie attacks while the girls try to have some kind of love-life. There is good humour and Elizabeth being violent and bloodthirsty all the time really livens up the book. Charlotte's wedding amused me as did Elizabeth's rejections of Mr Darcy-much better outcomes than in the original book. I might just look for a copy for my personal collection. Amusing and entertaining for fans of Jane Austen and also for those who just like a bit of zombie action in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment