Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Book Review-The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod

Genny works for Spellcrackers.com, where she finds and cracks problem spells for clients. Protected by her witch bosses, Genny feels safe from the vampires who take a special interest in her-and not in a good way. Now a vampire needs her help. Bobby claims that he was set up for the murder of his human girlfriend and wants Genny to find the spell used to hide the true method of death. Master vampires in the town are also demanding that Genny helpsusing threats and blackmail, but it seems that somebody does not want her on the case and is willing to have her killed. Who can she trust not to get her killed? Which vampires are her allies and which are her enemies?
   I admit that I expected more from this book. Genny wasn't really as good a lead character as some I've read about recently and I didn't really connect with her. The plot was quite complex with several vampire clubs and each with a host of different vampires with different agendas...I found it got quite confusing at times. And Finn was a really irritating character. I hated his early appearances in his 'I'm a sex god' mode and each time he appeared I got more annoyed with him. Some parts of the plot were good but some bits just drifted along. It was ok to read once but I won't bother with the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment