Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 13 May 2010

Book Review-Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

Merit is almost killed by a vampire attack on campus and to save her Ethan,head Vampire of the Cadogan House,turns her into a vampire which she is upset about. Now she is a House member but her anger over having no choice in her transformation leads her to challenge his authority and break vampire rules,plus she is fighting her attraction to him.Other girls are being attacked now and all the vampire Houses are under suspicion so Ethan needs to know who is responsible and Merit still feels that she is a target for death. She needs to work with Ethan and her House to solve the crime but that means accepting her vampire future.
   Merit is quite annoying at the start of the book,acting more like 8 than 28 and refusing to accept the vampire rules she has to live by,but thankfully she does grow up as the book progresses. Ethan is one of those cold character vampires that I didn't find too likeable though I'm told he gets nicer in later books.The plot is good,the side characters like Mallory,Jeff and Catcher are good.It wasn't exactly what I expected and was a bit slow to get started but I feel the series has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment