Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 8 May 2010

A busy week up north

It's been chaos here due to it being the April Readathon Week-it's a 7 day period where we try to read 24 hours spread out over 7 days. We do this every month over at bookcrossing.com and the extra reading helps to liberate a few books from the crowded shelves! It's distracted me a bit from catching up on my blog and book reviews though but here I am.The May readathon starts on May 28th on bc at the Book Talk forum and also on goodreads.com for anyone who is interested. (join the group The Big Book Challenge-athon.)
  The General Election is over and we have a hung parliament for the first time in over 30 years so we're all wondering what will be happening next. Election night was quite good fun as I sat reading 'Bitten', stuffed my face with crisps and chocolate and laughed at the SNP losing all their support in Glasgow. What did they expect when they cancelled the new rail link from the city to the airport which would have had huge economic and employment benefits? Muppets! I'm not sure how anyone coming to the Glasgow Commonwealth Games is expected to get around the city on the crap public transport which can't cope with normal numbers of people! I avoid Glasgow like the plague. It's been over 2 years since I went there and I don't miss it at all! Nice to see a few cheating MPs lose their seats as well. Guffaw!
  Oh hell's teeth here goes the Vodka Sheep. She is jiving across the grass to hang up her washing, singing tunelessly to the Black Eyed Peas and swinging a bra round her head. Looks like she got started early today. Is it a bra or a slingshot? Kind of hard to tell really...Definitely a boulder holder!  I swear her breath could blind you at a distance of 3 miles. It would strip the skin off you! I'm sure she drinks her spirits straight from the bottle! Why can't I have normal neighbours...?

No comments:

Post a Comment