Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Sunday, 20 June 2010

Book Review-The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

This has got to be the most over-hyped piece of pure rubbish that I've read in a long time. It was obviously written in 5 minutes as an attempt by author and publisher to fleece more money out of Twilight fans and it is a shameless con. The writing is awful, the plot total garbage and when the story finally connects to when Bree appears in Eclipse, it is a complete anti-climax. I'm just glad I got this half price or I'd have been screaming bloody murder.
  The story follows Bree, one of a group of new vampires being recruited by evil Victoria to attack the Cullens. Bree (surprise) is a more controlled vampire than her obnoxious arse buddies who just fight and kill each other non stop, and the gang follow the lead of Victoria's number 2 as they train for the upcoming fight then run through the trees to hunt down Bella.You see NOTHING of the deaths of the gang, everyone just vanishes and Bree wanders aimlessly until being caught by the Cullens. As you are wondering when the point of the book will reveal itself we are back at the confrontation scene prior to Bree's death. And that is it. No werewolf excitement, no big fight scenes, nothing of interest to justify a 12 pound book about someone who doesn't matter! Total waste of time! I will not be buying any more of her spin off books, you can bet your ass on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment