Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 19 July 2010

Back on track at last!

Honestly, I feel like I've been away for months! I've been so busy reading that I keep forgetting to come along and blog and do my reviews. Very tardy chuckles...
   So the World Cup is over and who are the real winners? Spain may have taken the trophy and South Africa put on a great show, but I can't help wondering if life will actually improve for the people there or if the cash will go in the pockets of the rich and powerful. For me there is one true winner and that has to be Paul the psychic octopus! Didn't that boy do well! Now I worry that he will be sold to the highest bidder and totally exploited, the poor wee bloke!
   We are at the end of Scotland's heatwave for now(thankfully) and we had a nice full week of rain which doesn't seem to want to let up anytime soon and that is fine with me. I've got the antics of next door to keep me amused between books. This weekend there was a bit of a party and then the yelling and swearing started and then the police arrive and take someone away. Yes another quiet weekend for me. I swear I would LOVE to have a nice quiet house somewhere on a Scottish island where you can barely SEE your bloody neighbours! Sounds like paradise to me!
   Now it is time to get started on the book reviews that I've been putting off for ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment