Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Book Review-Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling

After living with his dreadful aunt,uncle and cousin,on his 11th birthday Harry Potter is told that he is a wizard and will be starting at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Now finally Harry has some friends and discovers that he is very handy on a broomstick.Even having enemies like Draco Malfoy and sinister Professor Snape don't bother him until he suspects that Snape is trying to kill him and steal something secret that is being hidden in the castle.It will lead to a confrontation with Voldemort,the evil wizard who murdered Harry's parents.

I love going back to read the series over and over again as I love all the humour and can imagine how excited I would've been to get a Hogwart's letter. *Sigh* maybe next year...The Owl Post idea I loved as my mail would be delivered a lot quicker than Royal Mail and you don't need to worry about strikes...And the school subjects! Doesn't it all sound a damn sight more interesting than bloody trigonometry? I like Uncle Vernon's psycho behaviour, the description of the wizarding world with all its amazing detail, the midnight adventures, the humour and the characters. I think my favourite bit was Hagrid and his insane idea to keep Norbert as a pet. That was very funny. I didn't really have any complaints on this book which was a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment