Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 22 January 2011

Book Review-Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge

*sigh* Really did not like this one. Luna is cold and not exactly likeable but I could put that aside. However, the police department is full of woman hating, sexist pig cavemen who look down on her for being a woman. I'm getting so tired of these books where the author can only make the female look strong and successful-in-the-face-of-adversity by making every man she works with a complete ass on one level or another. We have the sexist pig who likes to call her names and grab her butt. The head cop who hates women and always picks on her. Even the cop she is supported by uses her secret wolf status as something to hold over her to get her to behave. Even the guy in the morgue can't say a single sentence without werewolf prejudice. I felt like the author was battering me over the head with a metal pole to point out to me that Luna is picked on. OK I GET THE MESSAGE! And this was just the first 50 pages...!!!

Then we have the obligatory bad boy love interest who has as much personality and warmth as my garden fence. This is not a nice werewolf and I despised him and Luna was by now getting right on my last nerve. I'm not really surprised that her cop boss didn't think she was capable of doing her job as she can't seem to stop messing everything up.

Add to that the over descriptive waffle-we had descriptions of the entire police building, the morgue, her house, her car, everyone's clothes, the bar she went into-all in 50 pages. This bores me stupid and I was sick of the whole thing by now. Book over!

No comments:

Post a Comment