Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 6 January 2011

Happy New Year indeed

It always happens y'know...as the year draws to a close you always say 'well, next year has to be better...' but guess what! It never is! You'd think we'd learn not to get our hopes up. A freezing cold November was a joy when the gas fire in our living room broke down...and Scottish Gas said they weren't going to come and fix it because it was 'only one fire'. When asked what the hell she meant by that, she said that only boilers or central heating were being fixed as they were priority customers. So we just freeze to death huh??? Funny how you are quick enough to take our money for the bills every month though. We finally found a company 5 weeks later who looked at it and tried to order the new part-but guess what, that part is no longer available! So on we freeze until we can save up the money for a new damn fire which will be months away. Jerkweeds. It was a fun packed holiday season with everyone wearing 4 layers of clothes.
   At the same time my computer finally gave up the ghost and I had to buy a reconditioned one just to keep me on the internet but it is an old model with a 3 month guarantee so I'm just hoping to get some more time out of it. The fun continued last night when my bloody VCR packed in which is just what I needed when I was recording the Ashes!!! I'm not a happy bunny. Six days into the new year and I already feel like the world is against me! *SOB*
   I swear that next door's cat is going to be served as a kebab with curry sauce if it sets one more mangy paw into my garden today. I've been chasing the bugger for the last hour and it is driving me mental. If anyone caught sight of me in my fluffy pink slippers and pink leopard print dressing gown running down the garden screaming 'I'm going to have you stuffed!!!'.....
   I've been re-reading my Harry Potter books as my New Year treat. Thankfully it was quiet with barely a firework to disturb me. I HATE New Year so much. Why does everyone assume that every Scot loves it? Of course I'm such a grumpy sod at the best of times...

No comments:

Post a Comment