Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 21 March 2011

Book Review-Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

Sookie has a new man, Quinn the were-tiger but of course their date doesn't go to plan when they are attacked by young weres-who both end up dead in police custody. She also has to go to New Orleans to clean out the apartment of her dead vampire cousin Hadley, consort of Queen Sophie-Ann. The Pelts are on Sookie's case and a couple of personal tragedies are about to bring her world crashing down.

Despite not liking Jason's girlfriend, it is a sad day for Sookie when Crystal miscarries his baby. But her heart is well and truly broken when she discovers that Bill seduced her on the orders of his Queen after Hadley told her about Sookie's gift. Poor Sookie! Bill was never ideal boyfriend material but his betrayal is quite a surprise. Score one for Ms Harris because I never saw that coming.

I'm not really a Quinn fan. It's not that there is anything wrong with him, but he just doesn't seem that interesting. He just seems to be there as convenient sex for Sookie without adding anything to the story. She's much better suited to Eric. And the whole Hadley and Sophie-Ann's wedding thing didn't interest me much either. Too much vampire politics and not enough of our favourite characters! I did like Amelia though.

One scary change which surprised me was Arlene's new boyfriend being a member of the Fellowship. This could be a serious issue for Sookie, Sam and Jason and fascinating for us readers.

There are lots of good bits in this book as mentioned above. I'd just prefer less of the Queen and Quinn but I know I'm not going to get that!

No comments:

Post a Comment