Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 3 March 2011

Book Review-Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

I wasn't entirely convinced with book 1 but then book 2 came along and I knew that this was the end of the series for me. I really WANTED to like this book because the ideas in it were good, just poorly written and developed in my opinion.

Merit is still a whiny, irritating cow. Ethan is still an annoying pain in the butt. I really dislike them both so that made it tough to get into the books in the first place. Now seriously, Merit can barely function as a vampire as she has no respect for others and behaves like a spoiled brat so who would put her in charge of the security of the whole clan??? I mean get real!!! And I'm so tired of the repetition-ooh how yummy Ethan looks but isn't he just vile, hey I'm Sentinel how cool is that, don't want to be a vampire *stamps foot*, I got forced into seeing Morgan etc etc And this so-called relationship with Ethan and Merit just doesn't go anywhere or do anything interesting. It just drags on with no chemistry and no point.

Why was this book worse? The good supporting characters from book 1 are hardly in it. We have to suffer through continual boring parties with Merit and her revolting family. The rave plot was just weak and uninteresting. Did I mention how slow and boring this book was? I get so bummed when books with potential don't deliver and that pretty much sums up this series for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment