Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 5 March 2011

Book Review-Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Zee asks Mercy to help him investigate crime scenes on the fae reservation where there have been a series of murders. Just after their search, Zee is arrested for murder and against his wishes Mercy starts to investigate anti-fae hate groups. At the same time, she knows she has to make a final decision between Samuel and Adam.

Mercy is still one of my favourite characters in urban fantasy and life gets a whole lot harder for her in this book. The emotional pain of choosing between the two men who matter most in her life was always going to tough, and even though I am Team Adam, I really like Samuel and didn't want to see him get hurt. I always like the appearance of Uncle Mike as well-scariest damn uncle anyone could have! Ben is fast becoming a favourite as we get an insight into his background and why he is the way he is-his speech to Adam and Mercy was heartbreaking. I suspected who was involved in the murders but I was shocked by what happened next

*SPOILER ALERT*

Mercy's rape was horrific and shocking as I never guessed it was going to happen. I kept expecting someone to ride to the rescue and save her before it happened but nobody did. I felt as if I was with her and watching the door, thinking 'Adam where the hell are you???' It is a very emotional sequence as you watch Mercy and those around her struggle to cope with what has happened to her.

My one pet peeve? Zee deciding that Mercy still had to repay him for the garage despite everything she had done for him and what she went through trying to save his ungrateful butt. Shame on you!
(less)

No comments:

Post a Comment