Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Book Review-One foot in the grave by Jeaniene Frost

Four years after running out on Bones, Cat is head of a special forces unit that kills rogue vampires. A run in with Ian leaves her sparing his life because of Bones until she becomes a target for an assassin. When her path crosses Bones at a wedding, Cat will have to rely on his help to save her and her team as they hunt the assassin and whoever set up the hit.

Ah so great to return to Bonesville! I forgot how much I loved book one until I read this one and got caught up in the story. So what were the good things? Cat's new team are full of different personalities and I really liked them and Don. It gave a new dimension to Cat's character. I like the fact that 4 years have passed and she has toughened up and become self sufficient. Loved Bones again, of course. I can't get enough of his humour. He is definitely my ideal vampire. The bitch-fight with Annette was so funny! You pull her hair Cat!!! Cat discovering the truth about her father was good. Ian's fight night with scary ass monsters thrown in. The plot. Everything!

Peeves? Well none actually. What was there not to like? It had everything that you expect in a fast paced urban fantasy thriller with amazing characters, humour and plot and plenty sex to keep the PNR crowd more than happy. I love this series and look forward to reading the next 3 which are on my shelf grinning at me...

1 comment: