Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Book Review-Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

The pack are split over Mercy's relationship with Adam and a few members try to mess it up for them. Zee's son Tad tells her that the fae bookseller Phin who loaned her a secret book is missing and someone powerful wants the book back.

There were two things that I really loved about this book. The first was the pack dynamic where open warfare is about to break out over Adam mating with Mercy. Challenges for position are being issued, nasty incidents are happening and Adam will have to fight to keep control of the pack and keep everyone alive. It was so well written and very tense, and I loved the way it was all resolved. It was great to have more of the lesser pack members coming to the fore in this book and having a big say in what happened.

The second thing I loved was the way the decline of poor Samuel was written. My heart went out to him as he battled depression and suicidal thoughts. I was praying that Bran was not going to decide to have him killed! The whole thing was tragic and again, so well written. Samuel deserves some damn happiness!!! I really hope he finds some in the next book.

To add to Mercy's full calendar Samuel, Mercy's friend and the Marrock's son, has spiralled into a deep depression. If he can't be pulled out of it the Marrock or Adam will be forced to kill him before he falls into homicidal insanity.

I admit that the Fae are not my favourite supernatural race to read about but this book was a good mix of Fae and werewolf with something for everyone. This is one of the best series I've ever read and I'm really looking forward to book 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment