Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 7 March 2011

Book Review-Wake by Lisa McMann

The idea of this book made me think of the 3rd Nightmare on Elm Street film which I loved, but this book sadly failed to deliver. Janie gets sucked into everyone else's dreams which causes a lot of disruption in her life and she is anxious for a way to make it stop. She is sick of finding out everyone's twisted dreams and desires. Then she starts a relationship with Cabel, loser turned hot guy and life gets more confusing.

So why did I not like this book? Well, Janie wasn't a great character and to cover up her lack of development, we kept getting thrown into countless dreams. The dreams that Janie witnessed were not particularly interesting and a lot made no sense which, yes, is realistic as most dreams are weird but it was not exactly enthralling to read about. Her strange relationship with Cabel had no chemistry and seemed a bit pointless.

The worst thing about the book was the utterly stupid plot twist. Her boyfriend is actually an undercover cop pretending to be a drug dealer to bust a fellow student's father. WHAT??? And someone please explain to me why everyone was calling the female head cop 'Sir'??? That was really doing my box in. The whole scene in the secret police office was just damn stupid and made a bad book even worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment