Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Book Review-Blood Price by Tanya Huff

Vicki is a former homicide cop, now P.I, who witnesses the aftermath of a brutal bloody murder. The victim's girlfriend hires her to see if it was a vampire attack and Vicki reluctantly has to share information with her ex, the lead detective. Enter Henry Fitzroy, the vampire bastard son of Henry VIII who joins forces with Vicki to track down the monster.

I liked Vicki but her constant sniping with her ex every time they spoke was getting on my nerves. If they had missed out this rubbish, I'd have given this book 4 stars and read the rest of the series. But I just can't be bothered with another 4 books with that going on!

How cool is Henry? What a great idea to have Henry VIII's bastard son as a vampire. It would be interesting to hear more of his back story which I assume will happen in later books. I love the fact that he writes steamy romance novels for horny women!!! Norman was a great bad guy as well-the snotty, geeky loser that gets in a mood because nobody likes him so he decides to summon a demon to kill everyone! Brilliant. Everyone knew a Norman at school or college!

There was a good plot and good characters in this book, just spoiled by having the ex to butt heads with. It was for the same reason that I stopped watching the TV series that was based on the books. Why does every series have to have this love-hate thing going on? It's boring and unoriginal. With Henry there as potential love interest, who needed the ex in the story anyway???

No comments:

Post a Comment