Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 21 April 2011

Book Review-A girl's guide to vampires by Katie MacAlister

I didn't get far with this book at all.The story sounded good-a couple of American friends who love vampires decide to go to the setting of their favourite books to see if the vampires actually exist. I thought this sounded fun but the two idiot vacant headed bitches and their stupid comments all the time really bugged me. They were immature and annoying with all their playground taunts. I was waiting for 'You smell!' 'No YOU smell WORSE poopy pants!' or something similar! And then the caveman behaviour of the 'men' that they meet in the hotel bar that night had me gritting my teeth. The women were getting physically pushed around and hurt by these guys(I call that assault buddy!!!).I'd have checked out and gone home if men were shoving me down the stairs deliberately or treating me as if I was some kind of slag to be claimed and fought over because I'm sitting in a bar. I don't call that a romantic vacation! I call that a pretty damn scary place to be.Seduction is fine but intimidation and force ain't! No thank you, not my kind of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment