Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 4 April 2011

Book Review-Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

This is book 1 in the Morganville Vampires series. Claire is at college in a small quirky town but gets on the bad side of the popular girls and starts to realize that these girls don't want to scare her, they want to kill her. She sees an ad for a room to let off campus and meets the three flatmates Michael,Eve and Shane. They agree to let her stay and fill her in on the situation. The bullies have protection from the vampires that run Morganville and Claire is public enemy number one so those who protect her are in danger themselves. 

For a book aimed at YA audience, I thought it was great and I was 36 when I first read it. I was first attracted to the book by the beautiful artwork on the cover and I'm very glad I decided to buy it. I like Claire-she just wants a quiet life and to get on with her studies, just another anonymous girl in her college. But one mistake and she finds her life in danger from the thuggish bullies and finds herself on the hit list of every monster in town-human and otherwise. Her housemates are good characters, and you quickly care about what happens to the four of them. Their friendships are very well written with just a hint of possible future romances which could be interesting. The plot keeps moving fast as Claire finds herself in many dangerous situations one after the other and you are always kept guessing about what is going to happen next.  I was hooked on the series from the very first page and reviews of the rest of the series will follow as I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment