Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 21 April 2011

Book Review-Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Mercy wakes on a school bus in the body of another girl, as she has many times before. She must continue Carmen's life and work out what her new mission is, while atoning for a sin that saw her cast out from her kind. As part of a choir she is hosted by a family with a missing daughter and Mercy decides to help Lauren's brother find her.

I admit that I'm not a fan of these Angel romance books so this was always going to be a struggle for me. Still I like to give any book a chance. I didn't like the way the book started and I wanted her to get past the confusion bit a bit quicker. I guess I found it frustrating that she wouldn't have immediate access to the girl's memories so she could stop acting like a zombie already!

I just found this too slow and the plot wasn't really one that would hold my interest. I wasn't connecting to the characters, especially Mercy which isn't surprising as she wasn't really connecting to anyone in her confused state. But if you like YA Angel romance type things you might well enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment