Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 4 April 2011

Book Review-Mercy Thompson Homecoming by Patricia Briggs

Mercy has arrived in the Tri-Cities to get a teaching job but an encounter with a pack of rogue werewolves leads her to a run down garage being run by a grieving fae and his young boy. A second werewolf pack pack led by Adam has been sent in to the area to destroy the rogues but Mercy just can't help getting in the way...

This story is the prequel to the series, showing how Mercy came to work for Zee, how she befriended Stefan, met Uncle Mike, and met Adam's werewolf pack. It was great to get the back story. I'd actually love to read this in full novel form if it is ever released. I guess I just can't get enough of the series!

In graphic novels, people are always going to have issues about the characters not looking the way they imagined them in their heads. I'm personally not too fussy on that score so I was able to just enjoy the beautifully illustrated story. Adam, Stefan and Uncle Mike are pretty much the way I imagined them to be and the coyote and wolf animations were wonderful. The book had Mercy's trademark sarcasm and humour, showing how trouble always seems to find her. Stefan in particular was great in the book.

A lovely read and I'll be looking out for any other graphic novels in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment