Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 4 April 2011

Book Review-Soulless by Gail Carriger

Alexia is soulless and so was this book for me. I only picked it up because my friends raved on about it. I was unsure about it to begin with as all the classics and stuff set in Ye Olde England have never interested me but I figured 'give it a chance anyway'.

OK chance given. I hated it! Alexia is a rude, unpleasant bitch who treats everyone as if they are beneath her especially her so called best friend. She mocks Ivy in her appearance and manners and the fact that she wants to marry. Well Miss Alexia Snotty Nose, most women in that age were exactly like Ivy so where do you get off being such a cow just because you have different ideas? Count yourself lucky that with your attitude you even HAVE a friend.

I didn't like the way the book was written either-as if the author wasn't quite sure whether she wanted it to be funny or not, and couldn't seem to make up her mind where she was going with it. I found it a jumbled mass of bitchy comments, gay steriotypes, slow plot and humour that just came across as spiteful. At least I managed to get a good trade on the book...

No comments:

Post a Comment