Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Book Review-Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Aislinn is one of the few who can see the faeries around her and has been taught to ignore them for fear of attracting their attention.But now they follow her everywhere and one called Keenan is taking on human form to court her.She confides in her friend Seth about the faeries and he believes her but can he help her to escape Keenan's plan to make her his Summer Queen?

There wasn't really anything wrong with this book I guess but I just found it very slow.We had endless chapters of Aislinn being stalked by annoying faeries with nothing much else happening.I was constantly thinking 'just get on with it already!' which is never a good sign in my reading.

I don't really like any of the faerie characters either especially Keenan who doesn't care about anything except his own selfish wishes so I wouldn't want him to win the fight for her hand,so to speak.His mother is an appalling creature who bugged me every page she was on and I just wasn't really that interested in the faerie politics that kept cropping up.

I guess if you really love books about faeries then you'll probably like this one but it just did nothing for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment