Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 22 April 2011

Yes summer is coming again...

*Sigh* I HATE this time of year. The noisy brats are out in the garden having a bloody screaming competition just to piss me off and if I could aim the hose in their direction, I'd soak the little darlings. There was me, happily watching the IPL cricket on ITV4 when that noise started and now I have a monster headache. *mutter* Maybe I could rent a big scary werewolf or something to shut them up. Pity I can't do the same to the dreaded Vodka Sheep. The police were up at her door at the weekend because of all the riots taking place in her house so that is a good indication of summer coming round again. We have months of that crap to look forward to. Oh goodee. You can't just sit and relax with a book in your garden either as she insists on staggering over to you to talk whether you try to ignore her or not! I'm pretty sure it's her breath that is stripping the paint off our fence every year!

Never mind, at least Deadliest Catch is back on TV next week. I love that show. Last season was so traumatic with the death of Phil Harris, Captain of the Cornelia Marie. Watching him struggle to recover from the stroke that cut him down so suddenly was hard enough but for him to then die when he seemed to be recovering...I lost count of the tears I shed. It was brave of Phil and his family to allow the cameras to keep filming him through all the heartache. I feel so bad for his boys. It's not going to be the same without him. I did see a wonderful tribute to him-take a look at this photo of his face and his boat being made into a maze. What amazing work! I had heard that some of the other captains were in dispute with the Discovery Channel and that they had quit, so I hope everything is ok when this series starts.

Well I really need to catch up on my reading. I'm a bit behind on my 2011 book challenge and must get some good hours in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment