Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 17 June 2011

Book Review-Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

Jill Kismet is a a Hunter who helps the police with the darker side of what is going on.She is often called in on cases that they don't understand or can't deal with.

Was there a short story somewhere that introduced this character?I felt as if I was starting school a month after everyone else and being way behind in my schoolwork.You feel as if you are missing all the important parts of the story.Lots of long,dreary,pointless flashbacks are just thrown in at inappropriate times which breaks up the flow of the story that you are trying to follow.Mind you the flashbacks did give you a rest from the constant whining of Jill and all the million descriptions of how tough she was.Add that to the million times she tells you what she is chasing in one chapter and you are ready to strangle yourself.

Over-descriptive about the unimportant details,too much repetition,poor dialogue,no flow to the story,no depth to the characters we meet,dreary depressing plot,not much going for it really.I've now tried 3 different series by this author and liked none of them so its safe to say I'm not a fan of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment