Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Book Review-Plague 99 by Jean Ure

Fran returns from camp to discover that London has fallen victim to a plague and has been fenced off. She breaks in and goes in search of her family and friends. Her best friend Harry is alive but seemingly unhinged by her experience and they meet schoolfriend Shahid who wants to get to the safety of his brother's house on the edge of the plague zone where people are still alive. This is the story of their journey.

I did give this 3 stars because the book was well written and I liked the story. I found myself wondering what I would do in the same situation. Where would you go? What would you do? But the characters were appalling! Shahid was the know it all who liked ordering the girls around in a somewhat obnoxious manner. Harry was an annoying, moronic little cow who you wanted to slap every time she spoke and i despised the spineless Fran for just giving into her whims all the time. If these three are the future of mankind then we are all doomed!

This is a short and light read in the dystopian genre and it wasn't bad at all. Less of Harry would've been nice-in fact with a bit more depth and nicer characters, this could have been a little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment