Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 16 June 2011

Book Review-The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Mackie is a is a fae child,left in the crib in place of the stolen human baby.His human family know what he is but treat them as their own.In a town where everyone knows but doesn't talk about snatchings and imposters it is important for Mackie to keep a low profile.But the iron world around him is slowly killing him and a girl at school wants to talk to him about what is happening in the town when her replacement 'sister' dies.

Well I didn't really connect with this book from the very beginning. There was nothing really wrong with the story or the writing but I just hate books that take so long to get into the real story. It was just page after page of Mackie's everyday life and how he didn't feel well and didn't really fit in etc and the story was just drifting along doing nothing exciting. As a character Mackie is ok and his family situation was interesting- a fae child being left with a priest. But I wanted it to hurry up and get to the part where Tate and Mackie start to DO something about the situation as it said on the back of the book.

Sadly I lost interest in the book long before we got near that part of the story. This book obviously needs a reader who likes a slow building story and is patient enough to stay with it until the action finally starts. That reader is not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment