Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 17 June 2011

Book Review-Working for the Devil by Lilith Saintcrow

Dante Valentine is a necromance who can bring spirits back from Death to answer questions or settle disputes.But her new job might be the death of her.Lucifer wants her to find and kill an escaped demon who can't be killed by human or demon.If she refuses she dies.Her demon protector is Japhrimel and they form a reluctant alliance as they track their target.

I like feisty female characters but Dante just comes across as rude,whiny and obnoxious,the kind of person you ignore at a wedding for being loud and embarrassing.The whole journey to hell and back just seemed to take forever and I was tired of her by the time the two of them got back to Earth.She just wasn't very nice so I found myself not caring if she was flattened by a big fat bus.As for her demon friend,there was no real personality about him,nothing to show that he might progress to an interesting character.The world she lived in was flat and boring,the plot didn't grab me-I just didn't like anything about this book and put it straight on my swap pile.I don't know what happened in the later stages of the book and I couldn't bring myself to care!

No comments:

Post a Comment