Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 28 July 2011

Catch up continued...

Damn heatwave is really bugging me. Where is the rain and snow??? Yeah I'm a real ray of sunshine. I did manage to get some reading done while I was watching the cycling and what a race it is turning out to be! The crashes have been spectacular, the racing and tactics exciting and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
I've been recording the action to watch at night when I get home as with the heat, the family have been going out more in the car for day trips.
   This week we went down to Prestwick so I could hunt through their excellent charity shops. I only spent 10 pounds but got 17 books which was good. We stopped at the airport so we could photograph one of those huge Galaxy military flights. How do those monster planes get off the ground??? I've never seen a plane that size. We stopped at the beach at Ayr as well and got these brilliant cheese and ham toasties which were OOZING with lovely cheese...YUM!
   Another day trip down by Ayr saw us visit the same toastie shop but this time we went to photograph the castle in the lovely village of Dunure. Great castle, great coastal views and we stayed there for a while. Then we went on to Electric Brae. If you stop in a certain bit of the road, you can actually feel your car start to roll uphill. It's a very strange experience! We passed Culzean Castle but didn't go in as the price they want for entry for the three of us would have required a bank loan!!!
    On a few nights when the TV was crap(when is it not!) we drove down to Saltcoats which is another nice coastal town with a good fish and chip shop for my parents. Next door in Ardrossan is the amazing ice cream shop that you just can't pass by. I love their strawberry ice cream...

So there are some advantages to the heatwave...

No comments:

Post a Comment