Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 1 July 2011

Where are those damn squirrels???

I've decided I need to lose some weight so yesterday I came up with the idea of going for a walk up at the David Marshall Lodge near Aberfoyle. There is a lot of wildlife there including the shy and endangered red squirrels which I have never seen except on TV and in pictures. So we had a family day out and I got to the lodge and looked at the steepness of the path down, and gulped! Undaunted I started to hike down, trying to ignore the screaming muscles in my legs. It was an unpleasant surprise to get right down this monster hill only to be faced with a steep climb up to where the hide was. I was puffing like Thomas the tank engine when I got a seat in the hide! So I sat there over an HOUR and did I see one of those red buggers? Did I hell! And then I was faced with the thought of hoofing back up to the lodge and I just wanted to cry! After tackling the hills and stairs back up, I collapsed at a picnic table, hunched over like a wounded bison and wheezing like a set of dying bagpipes while everyone just stared at this red faced sweating idiot! What a fun day out...And next week I am going on the same hike which I am REALLY looking forward to and there better be squirrels this time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment