Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 29 August 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Well I've been reading like a mad wee reading thing and getting through the breeding pile of books. I'm tackling all the large hardbacks and biographies right now to get some space back. It's taking time but I'll get there eventually. I've been quite restrained and not bought many books which is good and the charity shop has benefited with another few bags of discards! At least I've had the cycling and the athletics to keep me going. I like having my sport in the background while I read.
   I went to the loo at 3am last night to see the tarantula from hell crawling up the bloody wall and I was screaming the place down. Jeez I hate those hairy buggers!!! I just couldn't get back to sleep after that. To say I have a spider phobia would be putting it mildly. I'm glad summer is nearly over so these things will stop crawling into the house and giving me grief! It's one of the many reasons that I love winter. There has also been a lot of wasps this year which to me are just as bad as flying spiders. Yes I have serious nightmares about how I'd cope if spiders could fly...
    I've been on a new healthy eating and diet regime this week and it seems to be off to a good start. I've cut out all the junk food and dropped the portion sizes and added in a bit more fish and fruit and I don't feel so damn tired all the time. It's not a diet-I'm still eating 3 full meals a day, just cutting out the crap and getting a little more exercise! I don't believe in starving myself to death or doing mad exercise every day that makes me collapse. Just going along sensibly and taking everything in my stride! First weigh in at the doctor is in 3 weeks time so hopefully I will get some good news...
   I am so glad that I live in a mild climate though. I'd have been scared rigid if I'd been in the US hurricane zone this week. Those pictures on TV are proper scary. We rarely even get a small storm in my part of Scotland so my sympathy is with anyone who gets hit with something like Irene.
    Well time to go and get some more reading done. I hope to have a few more book reviews up this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment