Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Don't follow her example

I was saddened to see the death of Amy Winehouse last weekend. I was a fan of her music and loved the 'Back to Black' album. I certainly wasn't a fan of her previous lifestyle though. It seemed such a waste of her young life and talent to be abusing her body to that level with drink and drugs. Sadly, it looked as if that abused body gave out just when she was starting to win her battles against her demons. I guess we need to wait for the results of the medical tests to be sure what happened to her but it sounds kinda like her body just gave up in the end. What gets me is how many other young people are out there in Britain getting hammered every time they go drinking and shoving every drug known to man into their body without knowing or caring what it is. I've never understood the attraction in drugs myself and I hate to hear celebrities talking proudly about their 'drug hell' to get some attention. Nobody forces these muppets with more money than sense to take drugs. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who get forced onto drugs to keep them in line like these poor men, women and kids forced into slavery and prostitution. They are the victims not morons like Pete the Pillock from Babyshambles. If anything can come out of Amy's death, maybe it will be to shock some of her fans into changing their lifestyle. But I'm not holding out much hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment