Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Book Review-Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Laurel has always been a bit different-never sick,funny eating habits,never gets cold,loves being outdoors,home schooled and very shy.But nothing prepares her for when a giant wing like flower starts to grow out of her back and a strange creature tells her that she is a faerie.With her new friend David,she starts to research herself and is soon pulled into a deadly war against faerie enemies.

I liked this book.You instantly warm to Laurel and David which for me is always important in a book.It is not a very fast moving plot and a lot of it revolves around Laurel trying to come to terms with her destiny,but there is plenty there to keep you interested.The plot develops more towards the end when we meet the faeries,and the trolls who want to kill them and take over their land.I get the feeling that the people who read this book will be taking sides over who Laurel should be with and I'd be rooting for David.I like him better than her faerie suitor.

I'll see if I can pick up book two in a trade to see what happens next.If you like a light,entertaining YA faerie read then you'll probably enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment