Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 2 September 2011

Book Review-Digging to America by Anne Tyler

A really great story of colliding lifestyles and religions.Two families adopt Korean babies who arrive at the same airport.One couple are a typical all-American family and the other are American/Iranian.The two families bond and learn to appreciate each others cultures and different ways of life while raising their children together.

Anyone who can read the 'pacifier party' part of this book without laughing must have a very different sense of humour!It was so funny to watch the deranged mother having a mental over her daughter's dummy habit and I loved it!I liked the fact that two different families were able to bond so well and accept each others differences-a lesson to the rest of us perhaps?There was sadness and humour and well written characters and I do recommend this book to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment