Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Friday, 2 September 2011

Book Review-The Republic of Trees by Sam Taylor

What a dreadful book. Four bored kids decide to run off to the forest and start their own republic where they make the rules and decide what is right and wrong. So we get the developing Republic with the hints of romances starting-and then it all goes downhill rapidly. The characters start talking complete nonsense, acting like idiots, bullying and intimidating each other...and the plot becomes so incomprehensible that I was thinking 'what the hell is going on?'. It was like an insane, weird, depressing parody of Animal Farm! The ending is terrible and the book left me with that feeling of having totally wasted my time and I am barely able to write a review because there is so little of note to talk about! I feel like I want to remand a refund on the time I spent reading this guff. The book was a dull blur of nothing which finally ended in complete stupidity. I'll be staying well away from this author, that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment