Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 19 September 2011

Holiday Blog part 4-Waterstones!

This was the really expensive day of the holidays.I headed into Blackpool's best bookshop and proceeded to spend a fair whack of my holiday money there.I picked up a few Tudor non fiction books on Anne Boleyn and Catherine Parr and the mistresses of Henry VIII,Bob Woodward:Obama's Wars,George Bush:Decision Points,Ilsa J Bick:Ashes,Caragh M. O'Brien:Birthmarked,Sara Shepard:Pretty Little Liars(a new TV series I noticed) ,KirstyMcKay:Undead,Hellforged,Ann Aguirre:Shady Lady.Again,a good haul.Like I NEED more books but what the hell,it was a holiday thing!That's how I always justify my spending in Blackpool!I picked up some postcards and bookmarks for my collections and a book for my mum for Christmas.The shops we were at today are based at the foot of Blackpool Tower which is way too far to walk to from our hotel so we got the bus there and back which was a relief as those winds just wouldn't let up all day.I stayed in the hotel in the afternoon to get a bit of reading done. I read a great mountain disaster book about K2 which will be reviewed soon and put on the blog.We had hoped to go up the Tower today to get the views across the town but we were told that the winds meant the lifts to the top were off so that was a bit of a bummer.The Tower was completely revamped and I'd been looking forward to going in and having a look.Ah well maybe next year!The parents went out shopping and picked up a few things at the market including these great souvenir back-scratchers for one pound fifty each.They really do tear the skin nicely to kill the damn itch!

No comments:

Post a Comment