Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Monday, 19 September 2011

Holiday Blog part 5-Eddie Stobart

Wednesday had been another quite windy day so we stuck with the nearby markets.I was in the More Store when I found this gorgeous collection of statues of meercats.I'm a big fan of the meercats in the Compare the Market.com adverts in the UK so seeing them,I just had to buy.There were 5 in the set-a WW1 soldier,Julius Caesar,Robin Hood,Henry VIII and Gandhi.They are so cute!I also just had to get a metal Eddie Stobart toy truck.I have always wanted one of these trucks and now I finally own one!If you live in the UK you know how popular these trucks are on the motorways(we passed 32 on the 4 hour journey down to Blackpool!) I also was thrilled to get a photo of a real truck in Blackpool which was parked outside the Pleasure Beach and got a wave from the driver as he saw me taking his photo!It doesn't sound it but it was very exciting!There are a lot of people who try to photograph every truck in the fleet.So that was good fun.My dad was happy to get a few martial arts dvds going cheap and my mum picked up a few thimble racks to store her expanding thimble collection..It was a good days shopping for everyone.Tonight I got started on the Jean Plaidy book 'The King's Secret Matter'.I do love her Tudor novels.I also watched a Harry Potter DVD until I was too knackered to stay up any longer.Thankfully the hotel was quiet and I got another decent night sleep.I hate it when the hotels are full of loud noisy buggers and of screaming kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment