Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 6 October 2011

Book Review-Demons of the Ocean by Justin Somper

Connor and Grace are 14 year old orphaned twins who are shipwrecked in a storm as they flee their town. Connor is picked up by a pirate ship and starts to learn how to be one while Grace is rescued by the mythical Vampirates ship that her father used to sing about, a ship where she is in danger of being lunch for the crew. The twins are desperate to find each other as they face adventure and danger on the high seas.

Well it was ok I guess. Obviously designed more for younger readers than me but it's a short fluffy book that you can read in a few hours if you don't take it too seriously. Pirates who try not to kill. Vampires with morals about sucking children dry. Not very scary adventures. It's nothing brilliant but I've read a lot worse. I didn't think much of the ending which just fizzled out into the happy reunion. And for a 14 year old, Grace really was annoying about not following the safety advice given to her about being back in her cabin before it got dark. You wanted to give her a good kick at times. So would I read the rest of the series? No, it's not holding my interest enough to see what happens next. I did like the sea shanty though...

No comments:

Post a Comment