Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 8 October 2011

Book Review-Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

Joanne is a Weather Warden, someone whose job it is to modify the weather to protect the public. Now she faces allegations of murder and goes on the run to prove her innocence. Her only hope is fellow fugitive Lewis who has more power than anyone else on the planet but will he put himself in danger to help her, even if she finds him? And when those chasing you can manipulate the weather to their advantage, death is just around the corner.

My first issue with this book was that Chapter One had 99 pages! Yeah I'm serious, 99 pages! I hate leaving a chapter unfinished and this one was way too long by anyone's standards. My second problem was that those 99 pages were very slow and boring and mostly involved fleeing around the countryside in a car, avoiding the clouds. It was not a very exciting start to a book and nothing about chapter one made me even want to start chapter two.

I loved the idea of this book, the idea of a government agency trying to contain the worst of the bad weather to save lives, and evil people trying to use their power to cause disasters. It sounded so great but sadly the book had too much waffle and rubbish at the start to keep me interested long enough to actually get to the main plot. Such a pity when this series seemed to have real potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment