Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 8 October 2011

Book Review-No Way Down by Graham Bowley

K2 has long been regarded as the most dangerous mountain to climb and many experienced climbers have lost their lives there, most of them on the way down. It is easy to see why when you read this book. What a terrifying place to go to. It's easy for non climbers to say 'why do people recklessly risk their lives like that' but climbers will tell a very different story.
  The author has talked to all the survivors of this particular disaster and has been able to piece together the events in a tension filled and dramatic way. Where the survivors differ in their stories, both versions are offered and discussed for the reader to decide on for themselves.
  This is my first book about K2 and it has made me want to read a lot more about this fascinating and dangerous mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment