Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Catching up

Who knew that getting a computer up and running could take so much time and energy??? I know I'm not exactly a skilled user but it seems to have taken ages. I am so far behind on everything I want to do-I don't think I've written a single book review since last year which is pretty shocking. This week I have been getting stuck into my news scrapbooks. Since 1994 I have been doing scrapbooks of the news from around the world-a mixture of stories...disasters,sport,entertainment,jokes,funny photos etc. The first thing I put in my first scrapbook was the report about OJ Simpson being arrested for murder. Every day I cut out anything that interests me and put everything for that month into a plastic folder to keep it in good condition. After 6 months I go back and look at what I saved-if it still seems interesting, I trim it ready to use and it goes back into the folder. If it doesn't seem that interesting now, I put it in the bin. Then I'll go back to the saved items and put them into the actual scrapbook. It is very time consuming but it is good to look back on things. I looked at my last scrapbook about a week ago and saw that the last thing I put in was in January 2010! I decided I needed to get off my lazy butt and catch up so I am now going through the cuttings for each month to decide what to keep and what to dump. When I fully catch up with that, THEN I go back to 2010 and start fitting the into the pages themselves. That should keep me busy for a while.
  I could use some more time to catch up on TV. I have taped/bought a lot of shows that I haven't had time to watch yet-Lost girl season 1/2, Grimm, Pretty Little Liars 1/2, Lark Rise to Candleford 1, Downton Abbey 1/2/Christmas special, Mad Dogs 1/2, Blood Ties, Jericho 1/2, Vampire Diaries 1/2, Haven 1/2, I've partly watched season one of Nikita and Supernatural...where do I find the time for all that PLUS getting some reading done??? *breaks out in cold sweat*  

No comments:

Post a Comment