Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Saturday, 31 March 2012

The Hunger Games

Ever since I read this book trilogy I have been soooo keen to see the film and it was a long wait for it to be released. You know what it is like-you wonder if the film will stay true to the book, will the right people be playing the parts, will it live up to the hype....Well I saw the film last night and I really enjoyed it. Relief! It didn't go in for all the gore of each person being killed-it was much more atmospheric, but was still true to the book. So now I've got a nice long wait for the next film!
   I've also recently watched the film Tomorrow when the war began and I loved it nearly as much as the book. Then I start looking online for details of when the next film is coming and there seems to be a lot of confusion about whether the film company are going to bother with the sequels. NOOOOOO! You can't just leave it like that! The reason for the cancellation seems to be poor overseas box office takings. Well Mr Film Guy, you might want to remember that Europe and America have been in recession for several years and can't pay to go to the cinema to see every film that they want to. It costs the same price here to go to the cinema OFF PEAK viewing time as it does to BUY the DVD on its day of release. Now which option do you think most of us will take? With fuel prices rising daily here, a lot of us have no money for luxuries like the cinema! And add that to the film company admitting that they didn't send any of the cast overseas to locations that they wanted the film to do well in and there you have the answer. Morons. Spoil my fun why don't you.

Rant over, have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment