Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Holiday Fun


We do look forward to our holidays don't we? A few weeks ago I went to Blackpool for a few days and we were lucky enough to arrive as a heatwave began. After all the terrible weather we had in April it was great to be able to get out in good weather without worrying about wearing thermal underwear! It was great to get away from the noisy neighbour who announces her exit to work every morning by slamming her door six or seven times, just to let you know she is leaving in case you didn't notice. So a few days of an empty hotel and great weather were great. I even treated myself to a massive book buying splurge at Waterstones and WH Smith as I was 'on holiday'. I had to justify it somehow!

Blackpool has really been revamped. The new promenade with its comedy carpet are great, sleek and quiet new trams that don't rattle your teeth every few seconds and good bargains in the markets as usual. But there are a few issues that bug me. The new trams may be smooth but you still have to wait ages for one. They are meant to be every 20 minutes or so but we waited on average 40 minutes each time and when you are carrying all those damn books it felt like forever! And the wonderful Pleasure Beach is barely open now compared to when I was a kid. It used to be open daily from about 10am to 10pm and I'd spend most of my holiday there. Now it seems be be closed completely several days a week and never open after about 5pm. How they make a profit is anyone's guess. It makes you long for the good old days!

No comments:

Post a Comment