Currently reading:

H.I.V.E by Mark Walden

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Count your books with me! Mwoarh!

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Book Review-Darkness Unbound by Keri Arthur

This is a spin off from the Riley Jenson series which I am still reading, starring Risa, Riley's niece and her friends-a lesbian witch and a hot werewolf dude she can have sex with(no surprises there). There are frequent cameos from Riley and co for fans of that series.

Risa wasn't really that interesting to me. It was the usual 'I'm-a-tough-gal-who-can-handle-it yet constantly gets into trouble and needs rescued by her friends and Riley. There was the usual constant casual sex with werewolves and unlikable characters like Lucian that you expect in these books but the plot in between was pretty much lacking for me compared to other urban fantasy books.

The Reaper Azriel was the bright spot of the book and I was keen to see more of him and less of the sex that seperates each plot development but I guess that was wishful thinking.

And can UF/PNR/YA writers get some imagination and stop calling your character Lucian all the time???!!!!!! Jeez!

No comments:

Post a Comment